Let’s be honest, holidays can be very stressful. I am always up to listening for all the tips to make my life easier. Here are a few hacks that help me.
1. Get Organized. The Holiday season means the busy season and sometimes it is hard to keep up with everything. I love this acrylic magnetic calendar. It easily fits on the refrigerator keeping everyone on schedule and in the know. This set includes an acrylic dry erase board, a monthly magnetic planner, 5 colorful markers with a magnetic holder, a wiping cloth, 10 double-sided adhesive sticky dots, and 5 decorative sticker sheets. It’s a must have for us. Amazon.com : Our Happy Nest Set of 2 Clear Acrylic Calendar for Fridge Monthly Dry Erase Board Calendar & Memo Board w 5 Sticker Sheets, 6 Acrylic Board Markers & More -Clear Magnetic Board for Fridge, 15.8″ x 12″ : Office Products
2. Thermos as a Gravy Warmer. Make your gravy ahead of time and store it in a thermos so it is ready to serve when you are. You can also use a double insulated gravy boat. Amazon.com | Rorence Stainless Steel Double Insulated Gravy Boat/Sauce Jug 16 Ounce Capacity: Gravy Boats
3. Overcook Your Turkey — Use Chicken Broth. It happens to all of us, but no worries. If you happen to overcook your turkey, just drizzle warm chicken broth over the turkey slices. This will moisten the meat while also adding a little flavor.
4. Don’t forget the crock pot liners for easy cleanup. You will be so glad you used them when it comes time to do the dishes.
*Also, need an easy recipe for the family gathering? I got you covered — my green beans recipe. In a crock pot, add seven cans of green beans, a ham bone from Honey Baked Ham and some salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for six hours. Remove the bone (the ham should fall off the bone). And enjoy. It’s that simple and everyone will love it because the ham will flavor the green beans like no other.
5. Wrapping paper hack. I don’t know about you, but I do not look forward to wrapping a ton of gifts. Partly, because I am not very good at it and partly because I feel I always fight with the scissors to cut the wrapping paper. If you are like me, you will want this. The little Elf wrapping cutter will be your best friend. It’s the easiest way to cut the paper perfectly. Amazon.com : The Original Little ELF Gift Wrap Cutter (2-Pack) | As seen on Shark Tank | Holiday Wrapping Paper Cutter : Health & Household
Stay Tuned. Part 2 coming soon.
Thank you for visiting my blog. I hope this was helpful.